28cm Deep Saute Pan with lid
This high-quality, heavy duty large saute pan has deep sides, which is perfect for making casseroles on the hob or in the oven.
Penne Pasta with Sausage and Peppers
This penne pasta dish is livened up by both sausages and pepper, and provides a healthy alternative to your usual pasta dish
ADD TO MY PLAYLIST
Penne with sausage and peppers
Calories per serving
- 4 low-fat sausages
- 225g (dry weight) penne pasta
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- ½ tsp Cajun spice
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Grill the sausages until cooked and then set aside.
- Put the pasta on to cook in a pan of boiling water with the vegetable stock cube.
- Preheat a non-stick pan and dry-fry the onion, garlic and red pepper until soft. Add the Cajun spice and tomatoes and simmer.
- Chop the cooked sausages into pieces and add to the sauce, seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Drain the pasta and pile into a serving dish. Pour the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with the fresh basil leaves.
A great way to use up cooked sausages. Look for buy one, get one free offers on sausages, cook loads and store in the freezer until needed.